Engineering Section Manager - Environment and EIA Management
Location: Yan Nawa
• Graduated Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering,Chemical, Chemistry Technology, Construction Management or related field.
• Experience working in Budget control, work across functional, Project Management focused on water treatment, construction with EIA knowledge.
• Good command in English (Intermediate level and above) .
My client is an American company focused on Engineering Consulting Firm.They are now looking for the candidate for the mentioned position stated above.
1. General Management
• Propose business plan annually for approval by the Chief Operating Officer and the Board
• Effectively and efficiently manage the Department as a business unit (profit not cost center)
• Execute the plan as approved
• Timely submission of reports
• Liaise and co-operate with other business managers and managers effectively and in a professional manner
• When necessary/appropriate, provide technical and managerial input to projects
• Participate in/lead the working committee when required
• Attend Management Meetings
2. Marketing and Sales
• Keep abreast of the market demand in the area of services provided by the Department
• Determine what specific markets the department will cultivate
• Develop an annual marketing plan (part of business plan)
• Keep abreast of issues and trends (current and future) in the marketplace
• Develop leads and follow them up (sales call) with the Business Development Manager and/or other appropriate person
• Prepare proposals or assist others in proposal preparation.
• Client maintenance during and after completion of assignments
• Create and/or assist in the creation of sales tools and promotion materials
• Maintain record and control system to alert appropriate individuals to make contacts and conduct other marketing activities
• Attend Marketing Meeting as requested
3. Management Control
• Manage efficient and timely submission of time sheets of all staff within the department to Financial Services for processing. Ensure accurate and correct booking of hours by all staff under supervision
• With the assistance from Financial Services Department, produce cost reports of projects directly managed by Department’s personnel.
• Manage and ensure efficient man hours expended of each staff within the Department based on allocated budget and required output
• Establish and implement quality control system/procedure for all works done by the Department
• Oversee efficient safekeeping of files, calculation notes, drawings, reference materials, texts, catalogues etc.
• Promote maximum reuse of data and design
• Ensure company’s standard prints, forms, color code, presentation materials etc. are strictly followed/utilised
• Ensure effective communication of the company’s vision, mission and business plan to all staff
• Keep abreast with the latest/appropriate technology in the field of services provided by the Department
• Appoint/manage subcontracts when justified based on direction and procedures by the Chief Operating Officer
• Submit annual income/expense budget (as part of business plan) for approval
• Monitor and control income/expenses of the Department based on the approved budget
• Ensure timely issuance of invoices and collect payments with the assistance of Financial Services Department
• Minimise Work In Progress (WIP)
5. Human Resources
• Communicate the company’s vision, mission and business plan to all staff
• Interview and make hiring decision with the assistance of HR/Admin. Department
• Implement appropriate training program as per approved budget/ensure fair distribution to all staff
• Appraise staff performance and recommend appropriate level of compensation with assistance of HR/Admin. Department (continuous process throughout the year)
• Assist HR/Admin. Department on the development and updating of standard HR/Admin. policies and procedures
• Oversee and design the organisation structure to ensure appropriate career path for staff within the Department
• Conduct exit interview with the HR/Admin. Manager