ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and ensure the success of the program's private sector engagement strategy, ensuring the timely and substantive participation of global brands, directing the implementation of training, technical assistance, and access to finance for manufacturers to maximize transformations in participating factories.
- Lead overall management and administration of the Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance by providing strategic direction.
- Lead and manage (and recruit as needed) an effective, multi-disciplinary team, including (but not limited to) a Deputy Chief of Party in Vietnam, a Program Manager in Cambodia, technical experts, and Monitoring and Evaluation and Finance and Administration staff.
- Serve as the main point of contact for donor and host government officials, and foster and maintain collaborative relationships with government counterparts, donor organizations, and local and regional partners.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of work plans, budgets and reports as required , donors and other partners.
- Monitor financial administration to achieve targets on-time and within budget.
- Work closely with HQ organizational and programmatic leadership.
- Oversee M&E, ensuring that the work meets overall project needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated capabilities in working effectively with the private sector, with a particular focus on industry and in-depth knowledge of the lower Mekong region.
- Proven exceptional leadership in program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting across multiple countries.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, and fluency in written and oral English and Thai, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the economic, commercial, and environmental context of Mekong countries.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-sector and multi-disciplinary teams.
- A master's degree in business, or a field of study related to sustainable manufacturing, green finance/investment, and / or climate mitigation.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in leading and managing private sector initiatives in Mekong countries sustainable manufacturing, green finance/investment, and / or climate mitigation. with at least 5 years' experience managing programs in sustainable manufacturing, green finance/investment, climate mitigation, or a related field.
- Demonstrated success in project planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing, and identifying and procuring technical assistance in Thailand, Vietnam, and/or Cambodia.
- Fluency in English and Thai, both spoken and written (additional fluency in Vietnamese and/or Khmer preferred).
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently.
- Welcome candidate for expat as well.
- Commitment to the organization mission and goals.