POSITION: Cost Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance / PDS Rayong
Reports to: Finance Controller
Internal: Associates from Manufacturing, QA, Materials, Sales, GSM, Engineering and HR
External: Supplier and Customer
- Responsible for cost accounting, including the preparation of statistical data and financial reports concerning standard cost build-up and variance analysis, inventory accounting and fixed asset controls and cost accounting.
- Run Risk Strategist Model for customer RFQ and business case study, including cost estimates for price negotiation with customers in case customer requests AIF or small changes in products.
- Preparation the timeliness and accuracy of all reporting requirements (according to company policies and Local generally accepted accounting principles - THGAAP), Financial leadership in all quoting, cost estimating, resource allocation analysis, and appropriate request
- Preparation with accounting personnel engaged in accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting Maintaining effective internal controls
- Assist Finance Controller to provide a business case study upon management request
- Preparations Month-end and year-end requirements including but not limited to accurate and timely closings.
- Preparations that all accounts are in balance and correct according to GAAP in SAP.
- Efficient fixed asset control.
- Responsible to assure month-end inventory is properly recorded
- Prepare account reconciliations and process resulting paperwork
- Develop manufacturing cost standards annually
- Update process narratives and procedures as changes occur
- Monitor inventory reporting and associated costs
- Monitor the manufacturing process and associated costs
- Participate in process improvement teams
- Document cost reduction report and create overview and supplementary reports
- Evaluate/implement ideas for continuous improvement
- Fixed asset control and accounting treatment
- Responsible for annual physical inventory and any interim physicals conducted
- Cost estimate for Customer RFQs
- Risk Strategist for Appropriation Request
- Post completion review of new programs and variance analysis, post SOP
- Transfer/Selling Price Estimate for small engineering change, sourcing change including any cost impact analysis
- Assist Finance Controller to maintain and continuous develop internal control environment, including documenting and evaluating the effectiveness of the segregation of duties as well as the effectiveness of the financial reporting structure including the chart of accounts, sub-ledger postings to the general ledger under SAP environment and uploads of the general ledger to Hyperion (general ledger consolidation software).
- Assure compliance with corporate policies and applicable laws (Sarbanes Oxley and GAAP)
- Responsible for complying with safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Responsible for attending safety and environmental trainings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree is needed minimum
- Minimum 5 year experience in general accounting, particularly 1-2 year experience in cost accounting.
- Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Excel and a prior experience with large scale ERP systems
- Ability to read, write, and analyze general business documentation; ability to communicate verbally with business professionals and co-workers effectively.
- Effective presentation skill to respond to finance controller for his/her questions or comments.
- Advanced a fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ethics and Values
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly