Finance and GL Accounting
- Prepare monthly journal entries, financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analyse bank transactions, trial balance fluctuations, account reconciliation with explanations and supporting documents on monthly basic.
- Prepare, analyse and report balance sheet reconciliations by WD+14.
- Prepare, review and upload corporate reports into HQ system.
- Presentation to management for monthly closing EBIT result and working capital.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure all GL documents are archive completely.
- Support monthly / quarterly VAT / WHT preparation and submission.
- Participate in the implementation of major and complex projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Finance policies and procedures.
- Evaluating whether the company's current assets and investments are the best use of the company's excess working capital, by looking at return on investment (ROI) and comparisons with other ways the company might utilize its cash flow (e.g., other possible investments, increased stock dividends, etc.)
- Gauging the company's overall financial health, primarily by using key financial ratios such as the debt to equity ratio, current ratio, and interest coverage ratio.
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Determining which of the company's products or product lines generate the largest portion of its net profit.
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of each department of the company, in light of what percentage of the company's financial resources each department consumes.
- Working with individual departments to prepare budgets, forecasting and consolidate them into one overall corporate budget.
- Preparing internal reports for leadership/ management and supporting their decision making.
- Preparing the mini P&L (by account basis) where will be used to measure the YTD performance for respective team/account.
- Performing the exercise of due diligence before entering into any business agreements such as M&A.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company's future operations.
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
- Considering opportunities for the company to expand or grow. Mapping out growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments. Generating three- to fiveyear financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with company SOP, accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure world class accounting practice is achieved.
- Support any Ad-hoc business reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related discipline.
- CPA or CA or other professional accounting accreditation.
- Strong technical accounting, analytical, project management, process improvement skills, and proficiency in spreadsheet.
- Minimum 5 years above of relevant analytical experience.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills; works well both independently and in a team environment.