- Comprehensive operations experience in strategy, execution, analysis
- Direct mentorship and training from C-Suite
- Contribution to a high growth regional company
- As the Head of Operations, you will play a pivotal role in our expansion into the new market. Working closely with the Chief Operations Officer, your responsibilities encompass two distinct phases aimed at ensuring a successful market entry and maintaining operational excellence.
Phase 1: Launch Strategy
- Developing and implementing Processes: developing and implementing the operational processes and best practices that align with the unique needs and requirements of the market. This will involve adapting existing workflows and processes from other markets to fit local conditions and customer expectations.
- Recruitment and training: recruiting the initial team members and overseeing the training by leveraging the experienced operations executives from other markets.
- Market Entry Operations Pilot: leading the setup of initial operations, testing, and necessary refinements. This will include launching the services, assessing the performance, creating improvement plans, and establishing a functioning operation.
Phase 2: Ongoing Operations Management
- Strategic Development: Shaping the strategic direction of our operations. You will work with the COO to set performance goals and targets, and adapt strategies as needed to achieve these goals.
- Day-to-Day Operations Management: Overseeing the daily project and capacity planning, managing operations execution, and problem-solving any special events or challenges.
- Performance Review: Conducting reviews with cross-functional analysts to assess the effectiveness and efficiency. This includes defining key performing indicators (KPIs), measuring these KPIs, and analyzing variances between targets and performance.
- Continuous Improvement: Making continuous improvements to our operations, ensuring that processes and outcomes are consistently improved based on insights gained from performance reviews.
- Team Leadership: Leading, motivating, and supporting various teams, including order management, technical specialist (riders), inventory, and customer service, to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality output.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborating with other internal teams, including operations teams from other markets and other departments, to improve overall company performance.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in operations management in ecommerce, food delivery, or logistics.
- Strong knowledge of operations and organizational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Results-driven and data-driven, with a focus on achieving targets.
- Strong leadership and team management skills - must be able to manage large teams.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles.
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor's degree or above in science, engineering or business management.