- Oversee handling of technical details relating to domestic and international transportation, such as customs regulations and necessary documentation.
- Monitor product import processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and legal requirements.
- Manage on troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs in efficient way.
- Plan and implement material flow management systems and forecast to meet production requirements.
- In close coordination with Global Sourcing develop and implement sourcing strategies, that ensure balance between quality, timely delivery and lowest total cost in line with Global Sourcing and company standards and objectives.
- Identify sourcing opportunities for alternative materials/services and benchmark potential cost/benefits in close coordination with Global Sourcing.
- Develop and implement supplier guidelines and procedures for vendor selection and evaluation through use of vendor scorecards.
- Closely coordinate planning and purchasing activities with Product Development, Engineering and Production
- Departments to maintain inventories at ideal levels.
- Establish MRP/supply chain schedules driving cost effective material movement in order to maximize asset turnover and increase inventory turns as well as maintain first in first out cycles and accurate inventory account in warehouse management.
- Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned by Superior
- Supply chain background with substantial experience from logistics, planning and purchasing functions in a manufacturing company in managerial role for at least 5 years.
- Proficient in verbal and written English, as well as data analysis and report making.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with an attention to fine detail.
- Strong negotiation skills in an international environment are important to success.