- Coordinate ME work package tasks and ensure their accomplishment
- In agreement with the PM, technical interface with the customer & the suppliers
- Act as the interface between the Program Core team and the plant(s).
- Coordinate through the PPTLs' the plant program launch teams of the plants involved in the program.
- Coordinate activities and tasks fulfilment of the Program Manufacturing team:
- Plant Program Team leaders (if only 1 plant, he might cumulate this role)
- Support functions (Division and Plant(s)): HSE, PC&L (Supply Chain), PSE, Quality in Production, EE…).
Product interface (manufacturability)
- Ensure design to manufacturing through concurrent engineering activities with product engineers (PDL); participate in the KPC/KCC (Key Product and Control Characteristics) definition and update
- Ensure manufacturing feasibility by managing the MVP (Manufacturing Validation Plan) definition and completion
- Manage the Prototype Build and Delivery and Analysis (as part of MVP).
- Implement all changes related to production system and/or related to the product (as of Engineering Change Management).
Process and Production System Development
- Study, develop in detail, validate, release and set-up the complete Production System of the program using group standard lean Capex methodologies: process flow charts, work combination Table, PFA (Process Functional Analysis), layout (SWC), equipment and tool definition and interfaces, material and information flow diagram in accordance with the Group standards and program objectives.
- Responsible for the program costing in relation with the other supporting functions. The costing has been initially established by the acquisition PML up to program kick-off (gate 1).
- Ensure the achievement of Process, Equipment and Facility FMEA.
- Prepare the input data to define the manufacturing footprint
- Prepare the "make or buy" study