- Conduct research in product development and product design of the manufacturing process.
- Able to solve problems as they arise and evaluate the engineering process for safety compliance and environmental regulations
- Ensure systems are in place to track key process parameters and overall process performance.
- Develop projects to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce environmental impact and increase output and will take the lead in implementing these changes.
- Manage both small-scale and large-scale projects from conception through start-up including writing Management of Change, SOP's, start-up planning/scheduling, and training.
- Monitor the performance of the manufacturing area on daily basis to ensure the process is in control, operating in a safe manner, and operating within established control limits.
- Be the primary technical support resource for the operators. The incumbent will communicate with plant personnel on daily basis to effectively understand current process issues/concerns,
- communicate plans to address issues and provide both ongoing and project-related technical training.
- Participate in the resolution of maintenance issues
- Work closely with the Maintenance team to ensure machines are in optimal condition
- Problem solving skills
- Possess safety mindset to mitigate risks and ensure a safe work environment
- Performed modifications of starches according to chemistry process methods
- Improved productivity, product quality and efficiency
- Technical knowledge in operating machines.
- The successful candidate will possess an engineering degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 8 years in manufacturing process environment especially in food manufacturing / Chemical or FMCG industry