Working within the Regional Supply Chain team, the "Procurement Manufacturing Engineer" will support new business work transfer opportunities by interpreting customer's requirements/specification and identifying "should cost" for machined components and assemblies. In addition, provide ongoing manufacturing engineering expertise ensuring supplier manufacturing processes are fully optimized.
- Interpreting customer's requirements/specification and identifying "should cost" for machined components and assemblies.
- Provide guidance to the Quotations Manager on capable suppliers in region to direct request for quotations.
- Work closely with suppliers in lower cost economies ensuring they can produce new and transferred parts in the most economical and cost-efficient method enabling the Supply Chain team to deliver sustainable benefits to Triumph.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of lean, product fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials to advise the suppliers on best practice to reduce machining manufacturing times to ensure "should costs" are being achieved.
- Involved in tooling design reviews with the suppliers and oversight of tool fabrication & acceptance / qualification testing.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to projects stakeholders.
- Review of first article packs produced by the suppliers and support any engineering changes.
- Performing supplier audits if necessary for evaluating machining, fabrication and inspection procedures.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Ensure that the product meets safety, performance, weight, schedule, cost and reliability requirements.
- Support problem solving and corrective action activities to resolve supplier inspection and test failures and any customer returns/failures.
- Accurate estimation of "SHOULD COST" modelling so that supplier RFQ response is within agreed percentage.
- Realization of corporate procured goods cost savings goals.
- Execution of work within agreed timescales and plan milestones.
- Essential: Manufacturing Engineer with Hands on experience in machining metal components process, Tooling & fixtures. (3,4,5 Axis CNC machines)
- Desirable: Experience sheet Metal fabrication & assemblies, Knowledge on Special processes & application parameters against drawings/specifications
- Interpretation of drawings, tech specifications & GD&Ts
- Hands on experience in using software's like CATIA, SOLID Works, AUTOCAD etc.
- Ability to solve manufacturing problems with respect to process parameters, setups & tooling's
- Experience in dealing with AIRBUS & BOEING drawings, specifications is preferred
- High level attention to detail to execute projects on time.
- Experience in providing a high level of written & verbal communications as needed.
- Excellent people skills & professional attitude
- Experience in working with cross functional teams within the organization
- Good written & oral communication skills in ENGLISH
- Should be a problem solver & self-starter
- Able to achieve "SHOULD COST" at supplier end, by reducing machining cycle times & other associated costs.
- Work on continuous improvements methods & LEAN manufacturing principles