Production Engineer (Metallurgy Material Science) Position:
Continually improve processes, techniques and methods in inlay and hardfacing technology, heat treating, surface coatings, and welding by applying technical skills and lean manufacturing principles. Provide product support to customers, sales and manufacturing in areas of metallurgy.
- Responsible for the furnace and PTA welding machine with regards to reliability of the process and the equipment.
- Approve and recommend improvements in the raw materials used in production (backing steel, inlay powder, hardfacing, etc.,).
- Train other employees in the use, application and understanding of casting and hardfacing technologies.
- Initiate and support standard operations for casting and hardfacing technology.
- Responsible for continuous improving, and ensuring the quality of, all internal processes related to metallurgy, heat treating, drawback, annealing, plating, etc.
- Manages all direct and indirect issues pertaining to the casting process, heat treating processes, and surface coating processes including special job support, tooling, troubleshooting, materials, TPM, etc.
- Coordinates and resolves quality problems and technical issues with heat treating and surface coating (including Chrome, Ni, and TiN coating) outside contractors. Ensures the quality of these products / processes through support, problem solving, and SOP documents.
- Responsible for continuous improving, and ensuring the quality of, the straightness of barrels and screws through the proper process development of the heat treating, casting, and other metallurgical operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in materials.
- At least 3 years experience in Hot Metal (casting, rolling, and heat treating) environment.
- Metallurgy, laboratory practices, natural gas combustion furnaces, heat treating, post heat treat analysis, systems integration, statistical data analysis.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Interested candidates please send your application letter with resume, current and expected salary with contact details to: norachat.w@ manpower.co.th
Attn: Mr. Norachat Wungpingchai - Professional & Executive Consultant
143/166-8 Moo 12, Nong-prue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150
Tel. 033 - 135014 ext.3403 or 081-1048698 or 086-3834349