• Researches and monitors government activities that could affect the organizations business and clients.
• Assists senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
• Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
• Joins trade associations and industry committees and seeks leadership roles.
• Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
• Testifies before government committees in support of the organization and/or industry.
• Introduces legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Strong government contacts at local, state, and federal levels.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or related field required; MBA or law degree preferred.
• Ten years of experience in advocacy or public policy required.