This Privacy Notice explains how Skillpower Services (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Manpower Professional and Executive Recruitment Co., Ltd., HR Power Solutions Recruitment Co., Ltd. and Borderless Talent Solutions Recruitment Co., Ltd. (in this Notice also referred to as "we" or "us" or “ManpowerGroup”) handles the personal data we collect from our candidates or prospective employees (in this Notice also referred to as "you"), and your rights in relation to your personal information.
We are the data controller for the personal data we collect from you in connection with the recruitment process, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection law to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to job applicants applying for a position with ManpowerGroup. In the event you gain employment with us, the handling of your personal data will be subject to our Privacy Statement for Employees, Trainees and their Family Members at www.manpowerthailand.com/privacy-statement
Personal Data We Hold About You and our Basis for Processing
We collect, use, and disclose your personal data in connection to the recruitment and hiring process for a number of reasons, including to:
• evaluate and assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for potential employment;
• administer or keep records in relation to the recruitment process;
• carry out background and reference checks as permitted by applicable law, including criminal record checks, to verify the information you provide to us in relation to recruitment; and
• comply with the applicable legal or regulatory requirements in connection with recruitment.
We collect the following personal data and sensitive personal data from our candidates in accordance with the legal justifications (i.e. legal basis) permitted under local data protection law as detailed in the table below.
your name; nickname; date of birth
your business address; home address;
contact number; and email address
professional information. diplomas;
transcripts; educational background; employment background;certifications; recognitions; publications and awards; skills; language proficiency; aptitude test results; interview process test results; and other personal data contained in your supporting documents (e.g. curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter) provided to us as part of the application.
including information about past injury, operation, illness, and congenital diseases
including information about your criminal behavior or history, such as any history of imprisonment
any information which you provide to us during the interview process.
In some instances, we may also collect the following personal data about you from other sources:
Personal data (obtained from other sources)
information about your past employment (where applicable). information obtained from your referee or other relevant persons about your character, qualifications, past employment history, and performance.
contractual; legitimate interests
information obtained from recruitment agencies or background check providers
contractual; legitimate interests
information obtained from a publicly available source as manifestly made public by you. including your LinkedIn account or other public directories.
contractual; legitimate interests
If you fail to provide us with your personal information as necessary for us to consider you for employment, such as your employment background and criminal record (if any), we may not have the necessary information to assess your qualifications against the position for which you applied for. Consequently, we may not be able to process your application further.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose or transfer your personal data to third party service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out our internal recruitment and hiring process, including but not limited to providers of health checkup services, criminal record and background checks, infrastructure, internal management databases, or other IT services. Such third party service providers may be located in country which has a lower data protection standards under law than in Thailand.
We will not keep your personal data for a period longer than 5 years to fulfill our stated purposes. Nevertheless, we may maintain your file for the purpose of considering you for other suitable roles and/or job openings in the future.
If you gain employment with us, we must continue to keep your personal data in order to satisfy contractual and compliance obligations as your employer. In such case, we would provide you our internal Privacy Statement for Employees, Trainees and their Family Members at www.manpowerthailand.com/privacy-statement
which outlines our handling of your personal data applicable to you as an employee, and this Recruitment Privacy Notice would no longer apply to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data as set forth below. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the methods detailed under the Contact Us section below.
• Right to withdraw consent. Subject to certain exceptions, if you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• Right to access. You have the right to request access and obtain copies of your personal data which we hold about you. If there is personal data which we have obtained without your consent, you have a right to request us to disclose such information.
• Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain, in a machine-readable format, your personal data which you have provided to us. You also have the right to request the transfer of such personal information in machine-readable format to another data controller. Any of your personal data we collect from other sources or analyzed will not be transferred. We will dispose of such personal information when it is no longer necessary to fulfill our stated purposes.
• Right to object. You have the right to object to our use of your personal data in certain cases.
• Right to erasure. You have the right to request us to erase or destroy, or anonymize your personal data in certain cases, including where:
- it is no longer necessary to keep the personal data according to the purposes of processing; or
- your personal data has been processed unlawfully.
• Right to restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain cases, including where:
- we are in the process of considering your submitted request to object to our processing activity or to correct the personal data we hold about you;
- the personal data must be erased or destroyed, but you have requested us to keep such data and instead restrict processing; or
- we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but we are not able to delete the data because you do not want us to delete it, in order to create a legal claim, or due to a legal obligation.
• Right to correction. We have a duty to keep your personal data we hold accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading. This enables you to request any correction of your personal data.
• Right to file a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with the applicable data protection authority in the event that we do not comply with the applicable data protection law.
About This Privacy Notice
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment you might enter into and does not create contractual rights or obligations. Nothing in this Notice is intended to create an employment relationship between ManpowerGroup and any non-employee.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time in accordance with our processing activities. We may also make significant changes to this Privacy Notice as required by applicable law. On some occasions, we may provide an additional Privacy Notice to inform you of our specific data processing activities.
Updates to this Privacy Notice will be posted on our website. We will indicate the effective date at the top of the Privacy Notice accordingly.
You hereby provide consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your sensitive personal data (i.e. health data, criminal records) for the purposes stated in this Notice. You also acknowledge and hereby provide consent to the transfer of your personal data to countries which may have lower data protection standards than in Thailand.
You also hereby provide consent to disclose your personal information and sensitive personal data as appeared in your application form and supporting documents to ManpowerGroup or ManpowerGroup’s clients for the purpose of offering other job opportunities that we may deem appropriate for your qualification and give your consent to ManpowerGroup for collecting and using your personal information for the purpose as stated above.
You also acknowledge that you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as stated in the Contact Us section below. Once we have received your request to withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your application and we will dispose of your personal data securely in accordance with our retention policy. By providing your signature below, you also agree that you have carefully read, agreed to, and understood the contents of this Notice.
For any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to contact us in relation to our personal data processing, please contact us at PDPA_TH@manpower.co.th or the address set forth below:
ManpowerGroup at No. 31, 31/1, 33, Bhiraj Tower at Sathorn Building, B Floor 2, South Sathorn Road, Yannawa Sub-District Sathorn District, Bangkok Thailand 10120
Phone: 02-171-2399 Fax: 02-171-2398