As Planner, you plan and control inventory to optimise inventory levels whilst maintaining high service levels for your customers. You achieve, improve and exceed customer service levels, while meeting your customer accounts' cost savings and inventory targets.
- Set and regularly review planning parameter setting and stock profile to ensure effective forecast and planning.
- Ensure the accuracy of planned purchase order as per Slim 4's planning.
- Review & ensure all backorders are closely followed up.
- Update and track inventory to ensure accurate inventory balance, no dead stock, and that the goals set for stock turns are met.
- Develop and implement programs with suppliers and internal team members that address lead time, order fill rate performance, quality performance, cost reduction and technical improvements.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Ensure world class customer service is achieved.
- Ensure compliance with Vallen's procurement & planning policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related discipline
- Experience in MRO products
- Good customer service skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good team player with the ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Good organizational skills