Open salary + Commission (OTE 60/40) + Fixed allowance + Provident fund + Group insurance
Manages a group of sales professionals in one or more of the Sales Functions (account management, territory sales, vertical industry, specialties). Responsible for setting the direction and managing the deliverables of the assigned sales team and achieving revenue and expense objectives. Resolves customer problems and participates in important negotiations with key customers. Where appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships externally with clients and internally within company, and partners with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class solutions for the customer. Manages the performance of individual contributors and the team overall and grows and develops talent within the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
Managing the Business:
- Sales coverage- Builds well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within the company and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources.
- Account Planning- Assists in planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; develops plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Deal management- Reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by the company's back-end operations; Monitors the number of deals with TAS plan reviewed by managers.
- Strategic sales planning & implementation- Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect the company's business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy- Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Leading & Managing Sales & Cross-functional team:
- Coaching & Performance Management- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership- Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports sales teams in selling; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain the company's sales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Change management- Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control.
Selling as a Sales Manager:
- Focus on strategic direction- Understands the overall company/TSG strategic direction and portfolio and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering- Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the highest levels of the client's organization; personally, interacts with executives; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client.
- Consultative selling- Strategizes and coaches' team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for the company; prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other company resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers.
- Industry and client knowledge- Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map company capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields.
- Typically 10+ years' experience in sales.Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Proven experience from IT Consulting / Service / SI companies with proven record of selling IT services to large enterprise deals.
- Experience in client domain of Banking, Manufacturing, Healthcare.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strategic Planning- Translates business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area-of-control Aligns area-of-control account and market opportunities with upstream strategic plans and metrics. Sets sales priorities and establishing these as the focus of individual or sales team activities.
- Execution- Actively manages business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes and advance the business interests of the company. Determines if an opportunity is profitable for the company.
- Forecast/Budget Control- Tracks and manages rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups.
- Pipeline Management- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near- and long-term opportunities Balances quick wins against longer sales-cycle opportunities to ensure both immediate wins and long-term profitability for the company.
- Resource Brokering/Allocation- Collaborates across the company within the field to access, facilitate and direct the use of resources needed for effective selling.
- Sales Facilitation- Applies influence and organizational savvy to advances.
Strategic Business Planning
- Manages the top- and bottom-line - monitors discounts and margins involved in individual deals to align them with group performance.
- Works with others to create mechanisms that shift the focus from "low- hanging," immediate wins to recognizing and providing incentives for large deals/wins.
- Understands industry drivers and the customer base better to bridge company solutions with account-relevant problems and opportunities.
- Builds stronger internal relationships with other groups to ensure seamless selling of total company solutions and to establish clear expectations for resource alignment and support.
- Develop effective counter-measures and messages.
- Builds clear strategies for working with key accounts to pursue and close major opportunities, including clear identification of tactics for accelerating progress through the pipeline.
Sales Team/Individual Coaching
- Provides better coaching and mentoring opportunities - less improvization, more planful, more call-related modeling.
- Leverages personal sales experience to participate in pursuit planning for key accounts.
- Strengthens the alignment of account-team activities and priorities with management's business mission and goals.
- Assesses account teams for strengths/challenges and ensures that the team capitalizes on individual strengths, while compensating for individual challenges.
- Ensures that sales reps are trained on corporate tools and systems to ensure efficient use of time, better data collation, and elimination of the "management by spreadsheet" cycle.
- Vertical Industry Acumen- Develops and exercises a deep understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision making.
- Solution Selling- Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that company products and services accurately address the customer/client's true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
- Change Management- Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.