Roles and Responsibilities:
The Accounts Supervisor has authority over supervising and managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions within the business unit. This role involves overseeing the work of the Accounts Assistant and directly executing accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks when the assistant role is vacant.
Responsible for overseeing the Accounts Assistants, the Accounts Supervisor ensures the timely and accurate processing of financial transactions. By providing guidance and maintaining efficient financial processes, the Accounts Supervisor supports the team's work and contributes to the department's smooth operations.
- Supervision: Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, ensuring timely and accurate processing of transactions by the Accounts Assistant.
- Hands-On Execution: In the absence of an Accounts Assistant, take on the responsibility of processing accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Invoice Processing: Review and approve invoices, ensuring accuracy, proper coding, and adherence to payment terms.
- Collections: Monitor accounts receivable aging and coordinate collection efforts to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Vendor and Customer Relations: Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors and customers, addressing inquiries and resolving issues.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, providing insights into cash flow and financial performance.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, enhancing efficiency and accuracy.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with internal controls, financial policies, and relevant regulations in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Training and Development: Provide guidance and training to the Accounts Assistant to enhance their skills and understanding of financial processes.
- Managing administrative tasks such as organizing and maintaining files, records, and office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Age Range: 25 - 40
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in accounting
- Familiar with financial software and Microsoft Office Suite MS Excel basic is a must
- Familiar with basic accounting principles and practices
- Native English speaker / TOEIC score of 675 or higher