- The Production Engineer/Process Engineer is responsible for assisting in day-to-day operational planning and long term production plant improvements in areas of yield, product quality, costs of goods produced, among others.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology in Bio plastic Plant.
- Works on a daily basis with Plant Technologist to determine day-to-day operating parameter changes necessary for normal plant operation.
- Evaluates operational and historical data to develop operating guidelines in relation to best practices for yield, product quality, and cost to produce. Suggests, implements, and oversees plant operating trials for operating improvements in these areas.
- Serves as the Manufacturing Representative on major capital projects in Plant.
- Initiates and completes smaller capital or expense projects to improve operability, yield, product quality or cost to produce.
- Serves as the back-up to the Plant Technologist for day-to-day decision making and the Polymer Plant Production Engineer/Process Engineer (requires sufficient knowledge of process technology, equipment, and control technology for the Polymer Plant).
- Develops tools (mass/energy balance, run rules, etc.) that allow for successful operation and continuous improvement
- Accountable for continuous improvement in quality and reduction of costs.
- Translate and communicate business strategy and objectives to plant personnel
- Ensure an effective EH&S program is in place to achieve EH&S goals and comply with regulatory and permit requirements. Demonstrate priority and commitment through personal behavior.
- Ensure implementation and ongoing effectiveness of work processes, process safety, operating discipline, management systems, enabling technologies and roles.
- Ensure necessary resources are in place to meet production requirements and achieve plant specific business goals.
- Ensure systems are in place to reduce variation, produce quality products and meet customer needs. Interface with customers as required.
- Provide technological leadership and coaching to plant personnel e.g. teaching of plant technology and operating discipline.
- Ensure the linkages between plant operations and other functions are effective i.e. maintenance, EH&S, Logistics, etc.
- Assume aspects of site leadership, integration responsibilities and other roles as appropriate to local area or business.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- 3-5 years of combined manufacturing and/or process engineering experience from chemical plant.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal format and work across functions.
- Knowledge of engineering tools (cost analysis, fluid mechanics, mechanical equipment design, heat and energy balance, project planning).
- Knowledge of process control systems.
- Knowledge of Engineering Operating Disciplines.
- Ability to apply facilitation skills/tools to situations.
- Manage small capital protects up (develop project, develop payback, seek approval, and over see installation).
- Problem solving skills.
- Managing changing priorities.
- Managing difficulties associated with a new technology.
- Developing/transferring future new manufacturing technology projects from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of how the customer uses the product and the quality related to customer needs.
- Knowledge of the impact of maintenance on plant optimization.
- Skills to use accepted business tools and reporting systems to track plant metrics / measurements.
- Skills to administer policies, procedures and guidelines in consistent manner.
- Knowledge of company production technology and equipment.
- Strong chemical engineering skills and adequate chemistry knowledge for leading improvement projects.
- Skills to assess risk versus value of an improvement.
- Knowledge of key quality requirements.
- "Hands On" ability
Interested candidates please send your update resume, current and expected salary with contact details to:
ManpowerGroup Thailand - Eastern Seaboard Branch
143/165 Moo 12, T.Nong-prue, A.Banglamung Chonburi 20150
Contact Khun Jaru Sritin (Professional and Executive Consultant)
Telephone no. 033-135014 ext.3405 or 089-2739854
Manpower recruitment license No.Chobor.03/2554