- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production engineering; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Design, prove, implement and maintain production systems to deliver product on time, to quality requirements and to cost
- Drive functional excellence of the production engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
- Provide technical inputs to bids for new business and facilitate successful outcomes
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on manufacturing design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Hold responsibility for departmental budget
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Membership of an Industry related Professional body would be adv.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA),
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Six Sigma
- Experience of New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Able to work on night shift.